Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Recently read: "Long Eyes and Other Stories" by Jeff Carlson

Long Eyes

This was my first introduction to Carlson.  There's three stories here:

"Long Eyes" a story about a human/spaceship hybrid, and what makes someone human.

"Planet of the Sealies" about future archaeology, and the skills necessary for survival of the species

"Pressure" about a human/sea creature hybrid.

I've said before that I don't read a lot of short fiction, and I know that it's my loss, since so much interesting work (and new authors) first show up in the shorter length.  I assume Carlson is more know for his Plague novels (Plague Year, Plague War and Plague Zone).  Based upon these shorter works, I may have to try Plague Year.

I've also heard good things about The Frozen Sky, so I should try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment